Monday, July 13, 2009

Bicycle! Bicycle!


Bethany thinks I need to start working out. She is right of course. It is hard to find the time to do so when you are at home with two kids and one of them is only 2 years old. When Bethany comes home in the evening, she leaves again to ride her bike or go for a run since she is always training for her triathlons. When she gets back from exercising it is dinner time, after which we enjoy an hour or so of family time before the boys' bedtime routine kicks in. That leaves me pretty much no time to leave the house to do anything, ever.
So it was decided last evening that I will be allowed time to ride my bike a few days per week. Apparently, Bethany is willing to give up a couple of her days of training so that she doesn't have to be seen with a flabby husband. (We all have to make sacrifices.) Frankly, I've heard enough comments about my physique and or health lately. But I look forward to riding more often. I used to ride a lot when I was a young buck, and I loved it.
So the plan is to ride at least twice a week and hit the punching bag a couple times a week. I will track my progress and keep you posted as I become the lean, mean love machine that my wife married 13 years ago. Wish me luck.

No comments: