Sunday, January 02, 2011

Happy New Year

As most of you know, I am not shy about writing about the various goings-on in my mind and my daily life. The number one reader response to the status updates I post on facebook is "TMI!" (too much information). So I am guilty of the occasional overshare. You know you like it. It's why you keep coming back to my blog or my facebook page for more. But when it came time to post my yearly New Year's resolutions, I decided to try something different. I am going to keep my list to myself. Nothing on the list is particularly embarrassing or anything like that, (how could a guy that writes about making snow angels in the nude be embarrassed about anything?) but I have decided that my personal goals for self-improvement should remain personal. That's all.

One resolution I will make public is the promise to write more this year. I kind of fizzled out last year and fell two chapters short of completing the book I have been writing. I will finish it soon and then I will endeavor to write several others throughout the year that were inspired while writing the current story. From one book, seven or eight others may spring to life. Stay tuned for more updates as the year rolls along. Also, check my blog often as I plan to post notes to it more frequently this year. I hope that in April or May I can start blogging about our second trip to China to adopt our little girl Tian Tian. You won't want to miss that.

I hope 2011 is good to you. Perhaps I can make it slightly more entertaining with my creative contributions. If you promise to keep reading, I'll keep writing. It's what I do. God knows I'm not gonna go out and get a job or anything. Who does that?

No comments: