Sunday, October 20, 2019

A Short Story

I’m currently taking an online course about short stories as a prerequisite for my master’s in education program. About halfway through the course, it’s going pretty well. I’ve passed 47 quizzes so far, with 52 to go (one for every chapter). I’ll have to write two papers and take a final, too. After that, I’ll still have 4 more prerequisites to take before I can be officially accepted into my 24-course master’s program.

Long story, short: it is really hard to see a light at the end of this long, long tunnel.

On a related note, studying the art of the short story has renewed my love of short-form writing. I’m really starting to miss writing my weekly column for the newspaper. Maybe a collection of short stories is in my future.

Teacher? Author? Columnist? Crazy person?

Crazy person.

No comments: