Sunday, October 22, 2006

148

Question: What is the significance of the number 148? Is it:

a. My average score in bowling?
b. My average score in golf?
c. My weight?
d. My total cholesterol?
e. Both c and d?
f. None of the above?

If you guessed "e" you are correct. I just got the results of my first ever cholesterol screening and couldn't be more pleased. The test took place only 18 hours after I ate 11 slices of pizza for dinner at Cici's. Apparently, the low-fat diet Bethany has us on the rest of the time is working out pretty well. In fact, her cholsterol is 149. Yes, I beat her- and yes she is ticked. We were both sure that my love of red meats and all-you-can-eats would have put my test results in the 200+ danger zone. But alas, I am fit as a fiddle and at age 35 impervious to fat. Oh, and I'm dead sexy. Don't forget it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Which of the following is true?

a. Cholesterol levels are affected by your diet.
b. Cholesterol levels are affected by heredity.
c. Travis is dead sexy.
d. All of the above.
e. Only a and b.

The answer is d. all of the above. So, say thank you to your parents (as well as Bethany for taking such good care of you.) Glad to hear you're so fit.