Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Haiku, Beer, and Ethanol

My dear friend Paul has revived his legendary Haiku writing spectacular. He hopes to write 365 haikus in as many days. Well, in just three days I have already penned 16 examples of this Eastern art form. I invite all of you to contribute to Paul's collection of poems. Remember from 5th grade:

Line One: 5 syllables
Line two: Seven Syllables
Line Three: 5 Syllables

Now, I don't speak a lick of Japanese, but I would bet that their language doesn't translate into the same amount of syllables when translated to English. So I don't know if they would accept our efforts as valid or not. Nevertheless, click on Paulie's blog to contribute to the compilation of poetry that the Violent Farmer is collecting.

Paul's Blog is called "I Wrote This When I Was Drunk." I challange you to tipe that exac phraze and punctuation wile inhebriated. No useing spellczech ether. Thats cheathing.

Yesterday, April 30, 2007 I filled my 1996 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor that was recently modified to be a flex fuel vehicle with 18 gallons of E85 ethanol fuel. I also adorned the car with nine decals that clearly convey to the world that the car is a corn fed factory muscle car. Oh, and I paid 55 cents per gallon less than you did for your last tank of gas. Sure it will take two years of cheaper fill ups to recoup the money I spent on the conversion kit, but during that time 85% of the money I spend on fuel will go to Missouri farmers instead of the oil cartel. Put that in your exhaust pipe and smoke it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One

Originally
Haiku was about nature
Where's the "birds and bees"?

TheNotQuiteRightReverend said...

I just remembered
I need to buy some bird seed
And some wasp poison

Anonymous said...

Love writing Haiku
It stimulates the brain cells
What few I have left!