Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Judgment Day

The Reverend Jerry Falwell died today. I'm sure his supporters believe that he is in Heaven right now. As you know, I'm a believer in Karma. Falwell collected bad Karma like a kid collects Pokemon cards. I don't think Heaven is the destiny of a man who sought to condemn anyone with beliefs other than his own. For decades Falwell dedicated himself to spreading messages of hate in the name of God. Here is a perfect example:

"I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way -- all of them who have tried to secularize America -- I point the finger in their face and say, 'You helped this happen.'" -- Rev Jerry Falwell, blaming civil libertarians, feminists, homosexuals, and abortion rights supporters for the terrorist attacks of Tuesday, September 11, 2001, quoted from John F Harris, "God Gave US 'What We Deserve,' Falwell Says," The Washington Post (September 14, 2001)

Heaven? Hardly. I believe the good reverend will be reincarnated as the pregnant, unwed daughter of a card carrying member of Falwell's own "Moral Majority" who decides to stop living a lie and come out of the closet only to be treated with the same intolerance Falwell advocated treating such people with. That is what I call Justice.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That’s very well and good but I have an alternate karma incarnation theory. Falwell will come back in the form of the Smashing Pumpkins’ new album Zeitgeist; to be released in July of ’07. A little bit of Falwell will reside in each mp3, wma, or cda file. His spirit will ward off attacks from the infidel non-RIAA compliant users who attempt to download the righteous works of the ‘Pumpkins’.

Anonymous said...

Bill Herrin is responsible for the pervious post.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Travis - what you wish for him is much kinder then what I hope for him.

-Figg

Seamhead said...

Good stuff, Travis!

Anonymous said...

Don't we all "condemn anyone with beliefs other than (our) own"? I sure see a lot of that here. Beware the Karma...

TheNotQuiteRightReverend said...

The name of my blog is, "Agree With Travis." That means that my views are the only views that are correct and the world should just go along with whatever I say. Besides, its easier that way. Just ask Bethany: its all about me.

Seamhead said...

Noops, You'll notice that unlike Mr. Falwell, Travis is not saying that this fate is exactly what is happening to Mr. Falwell. He is not saying that God would have it no other way. Travis is just day dreaming an appropriate fate.

Mr. Falwell always knew exactly the way God felt about things. I wonder if he still feels that way.