Friday, July 13, 2007

Finished!

It is done. At long last. After much pain. After much sweat. After much (well, a little) bloodshed. I have finished building our new deck/party porch/bait shop/fishin' shack/bar/treehouse. Grant Barnes said it best, "I don't want this to sound the wrong way, but it turned out way better than I ever thought it would." I'll take that as a compliment.

I will post pictures sometime, however our camera isn't working right now. It has lost focus. The same cannot be said about me. I focused. Completing this project has consumed my every waking moment (as well as most of my dreams) for the past couple weeks. It was an obsession, and it was worth every minute of madness. Half of the first floor is covered and enclosed. It has a hand built bar, a foosball table, old fishing memorabilia, and family fishing pictures. The open-air half of the main level has seating for six at two tables (which will eventually be replaced with a new patio set.) The second floor is Alex's "treehouse." It is positioned in the canopy of trees that surround the deck, giving it a real treehouse feel. He loves it.

Don't take my word for it, though. Pick a night or a weekend to come visit so you can see for yourself. I sat out there the other evening, drinking a cold one, staring up at the stars and the big fake largemouth bass on the wall and thought to myself, "Holy crap! I can't believe I built this!" And then I laughed out loud in utter amazement that I, Travis Naughton, built something so totally kick-ass.

Can you guess where I'll be this evening?

1 comment:

Seamhead said...

Do you have wireless? Can you take your laptop out to your chapel and blog?

It sounds awesome, by the way.