Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Top Ten Naughton Headlines of the Last Week or so

10. My finger was bitten by a girl named Sasha (one of Alex's rats.)

9. Bethany and I went on a float trip with friends in Steeleville, MO and realized we are not as young as we once were.

8. Thinking he may have had another heart attack, (which it turned out that he did not), my dad went to the E.R.

7. I have decided to paint the Mean Green Machine black and gold in preparation for tailgating at MU games.

6. My little sister Karah was named "Queen Soya" and "Miss Congeniality" at this year's LaPlata, MO Soybean Festival.

5. Days later, a carload of Karah's friends were in a horrific car accident that left one friend dead and two others on life support.

4. Six year old Alex read aloud a 140 page book (entitled "Captain Underpants") from cover to cover this evening.

3. Sales at my dog food and supply store have increased 37% since this time last year forcing me to actually work (and earn my paycheck) to keep up with demand.

2. My beautiful bride celebrated her birthday by picking out a brand new fridge and stove as her birthday presents from me.

1. In a blatant and possibly successful bid to unseat me as the #1 son, Blake surprised our mom with a trip to New York to watch the semi-finals of the U.S. Open Tennis Tournament.

That's a look at the events of the past week in my world. What's going on in yours? If you have news that you would like to share, then please post a comment on this page. Let's get interactive, people!

4 comments:

TheNotQuiteRightReverend said...

My mom LOVES tennis. She was watching the Open on TV when I came over to cut her hair last week. Knowing all about Blake's surprise I mentioned that I have a friend who has been to the Open and enjoyed it very much. Mom replied, "Oh, I would just die to be able to go there some day. I don't know how I'll ever do it. Maybe I'll win the lottery or something..." Little did she know, Blake already had the whole trip arranged.

Man, do I have a great poker face or what?!

Anonymous said...

Poker face definitely working for ya, kid!! And, there is only one #1 son - You are my first born and my local rock. #2 son is a paper work fool which has turned out to be invaluable through the mountain of paperwork it takes to be sick. So take heart, young Skywalker, you are both Numero Uno is this old broad's book, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Jodie Hurt said...

Hi Travis! Wassup, homie! I think you can probably link from here to my blog to check out those pics that Doug was talking about? Maybe? Hmmm...

Anonymous said...

Oh, brother. If you really need to believe that I didn't overcome this whole birth order deficiency thing long ago, then so be it. It took a whole lot less than Open tickets to take you down.