Monday, March 24, 2008

102.4

102.4 is not a radio station- it is the temperature that my fever reached this afternoon. Not fun. After watching my fever get higher and higher over the past three days, Mr. Stubborn finally agreed to see a doctor. I suspected pneumonia after coughing up enough cookie dough to start an Otis Spunkmeyer franchise. The doctor tested me for the flu (have you ever had a crochet needle jammed up your nose?) but the results were negative. He then ordered a chest x-ray (results pending) and prescribed a couple of medications with the assumption than my self-diagnosis was correct. This afternoon, I took an antibiotic, two Advil, and a swig of Robitussin with Codeine. I slept for about an hour and a half and woke up feeling pretty good. I felt even better when I saw that Alex had made me a get well card while I slept. It reads, "Dear Daddy, I love you! I hope you feel better soon. You are my best buddy! Love, Alex."

What a kid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We, too, hope you are feeling better. Nice card from the kiddo.
From Blake, Meredith an yo mama.

Anonymous said...

I think you might be allergic to rabbit costumes. I hear that they can carry funny diseases this time of year. Have you considered getting tested for rabies? If you start to have a foamy slobber coming out the corners of your mouth you might want to call the humane society. They are trained for such emergencies. I would also refrain from watching classics such as "Old Yeller". If it was not for shows like "ER", "Scrubs", "Grey's Anatomy", "Chicago Hope", and "Doogie Houser, MD", I would not be able to make this diagnosis. Up here in Omaha, we wish you the best.

Brian