Monday, July 19, 2010

I love it when a plan comes together

After just a few days of making revisions, my original manuscript for Naked Snow Angels is barely recognizable. I have become so consumed with writing this new version that I spent nearly twelve hours working on it yesterday alone. But as I lay in bed last night, more and more ideas kept popping into my mind, causing me to toss and turn until about 4:00am when I finally decided to get out of bed and get my thoughts down on paper. I grabbed my notebook, plotted out the second half of the book including a new ending, and went back to bed in time to watch the sun rise through our bedroom window.

This book has taken over my life. I know my kids need more attention from me, but I rationalize away any guilt for their neglect by reminding myself that I have been staying at home with them for over two years now. They could probably use a break from me for a little while. When Bethany asks, "When are you gonna get off that computer and spend some time with your family?" I remind her that if I ever sell this book, the royalty checks will be my first contribution to our finances since May 2008. "Well then quit talking to me and get back to work!"

Yes dear.

No comments: