Monday, September 06, 2010

While the Cat's Away...

Contrary to popular opinion, I was not naked all four days that Bethany and the boys were enjoying their long Labor Day weekend in Michigan. I was nude on no more than, like two days, not four. (Including some quality outside time spent talking to the Centurylink help desk on the phone while standing on the porch sipping coffee in my "business very, very casual" attire.)

Instead of being lazy, as was expected, I spent most of my time checking off "To-Dos" from a massive, twelve item list. I cleaned out our pole barn/garage, filling my truck bed twice with trash. It took over six hours to finish the job. I drove one load of garbage to the dump and set the other on the curb. (We'll see if they pick it up this week.) I scrubbed our vinyl-siding to rid it of a few years worth of mildew and grime. That took three or so hours. I mowed our yard and my mother-in-law's yard. That was about three hours. I purchased--as a surprise to my wife--a new screen door and installed it myself over the course of about three or four hours. I bought and assembled the new book case my beautiful bride wanted for our living room as Bethany's birthday present. I did laundry. I did the dishes. I cleaned the boys' toy room and their bedroom. I got Centurylink to finally come out to our house and fix our DSL (hopefully for the last time.) And I helped my friend Rob get his Ford Bronco going again and followed him as he drove it back to his house after an extended period in which it sat beside our barn gathering dust and accumulating an impressive collection of mosses and lichens. A rolling Ford gathers no moss.

As you can see, I've been a busy boy. It will take a few days to recover from all that manual labor, and then I'll dig in for the final push to finish writing my book. But for now, chillin' in the recliner is in my immediate future. (And possibly some gratuitous nudity.)

No comments: