Friday, June 10, 2011

Stay-at-Home Newspaper Columnist?

In my book Naked Snow Angels I am a world-famous syndicated columnist and a best-selling author. Is this fiction or is it the future? Only time will tell, but in reality my book is growing in popularity, so I figured: Why not work on becoming a columnist now, too?

I have been in touch with a newspaper publisher recently who said that he would consider hiring me to write for his paper. I proposed writing a series of dispatches from China describing our journey to our little girl Tiana. I would also write about the ups and downs of riding the stay-at-home parent roller coaster and many other topics--all from my unique perspective. Does this sound familiar? If you've read my book, then it should. Is it art imitating life or vice versa? My book is basically a 286 page answer to "What do you want to be when you grow up?" In my case, I'd change that to "if" I grow up.

Anyway, if any of you peeps in central Missouri think it would be fun to read a weekly column written by yours truly in your local paper, then respond by commenting on this post or writing something on my facebook page. If enough of my fans voice their support, then perhaps you'll be reading my blog in print, as well as online, someday soon. Thanks again for all your support!

PS: Go to Get Lost Bookshop in Columbia, MO or Maple Hill Vintage Market in Ashland to buy a copy of NSA today!

No comments: