Friday, July 28, 2006

Disney Day Two

Upon arriving at the luxurious Marriott Vacation Club Resort in Orlando after driving 18 hours straight, our rooms were not ready. A nap was all I had been thinking about for the last 6 or 8 hours of our drive and suddenly it was like someone had waited till Christmas Eve to tell me there was no Santa Claus. I was devastated. I told Bethany that I felt like crying. A real man can admit that. We were tired and hungry, so we ate lunch at the exotic Denny's a few blocks down the road while we waited to get into our rooms. After eating a mega-grand slam, I really needed a nap, so we went back to the resort where we discovered only one of our rooms was ready. It was decided that I and baby Duncan would share the room while everyone else swam at the pool. Problem was, Duncan decided he didn't need a nap. At the tender age of three months, he became a mini-olympian doing gymnastics and threatening to tumble right off the bed while I sat idly by and tried to sleep. Therefore, I gave up my quest for rest and assumed responsiblity for the boy's safety. I abandoned all hope for sleep and embraced my destiny. I was in the land of Disney afterall, and I knew I would not get much rest for the rest of the week. I'll sleep when I'm dead, I told myself. I prayed that day would come soon. Damn that Mouse!

No comments: