Sunday, July 30, 2006

Disney Trip Day Three: Welcome to the Jungle


After a good night's rest, my hallucinations went away long enough to allow me to function as close to normal as any Naughton can. The Naughtons and the Heckers packed the minivans with kids and headed to Disney's Animal Kingdom. It was a 20 minute drive followed by a ride on the Disney tram, which dropped us off at the front of the park. We arrived at around noon. As everyone approached the entrance, Charla had a revelation. "Who has the tickets?"

Stunned looks from everyone.

"Doug, did you bring the tickets?!"

"No."

"Love of my life, would you please be kind enough to go and retrieve said tickets from our luxurious accomidations back at the resort?"

"Certainly, dear. It would be my distinct pleasure." And off Doug went back on the tram, back to the van, back to the hotel, back to Disney, back to the tram, and finally back to the entrance while we waited in the gift shop.

"Thank you ever so much, my sweet," Charla said.

"Anything for you, my love," said Doug, who executed his husbandly duties without a moment's hesitation or argument.

Well, that's my interpretation of the conversation. Doug and Char may not have used those exact words, but you get the idea. I could feel the love. For the record, the Naughtons remembered to bring our tickets- as unbelievable as that may seem. For the rest of the day we saw neat animals (including some awesome dinosaurs), rode some decent rides, and had a lot of fun. The picture shows us in front of the Everest ride in the Nepal section of the park. The wait was too long to ride the coaster, but it made for a neat picture. And yes, all eleven members of our party were wearing tie-dye shirts made by Char, Olivia, and Morgan. Pretty cool, eh? At the end of our first day in the parks, we went back to the resort and swam in the pool. Alex swam like a dying baitfish, but he had a blast doing it. Bedtime brought the anticipation of another day of adventure on Monday. We would be going to Disney/MGM Studios that day. I can sum up that day in three words, "Tower of Terror!" Stay tuned...

Confucius says, "Always make sure you have your tickets before you leave the house."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

all-night drives, forgotten tickets, missed rides due to long lines, matching tie-dye...I'm, I'm welling up, so sad not to have been there, so sad. Waiting for future posts to convince me that you visited the happiest place on Earth!

Anonymous said...

This is the blog daddy's counterpart on this adventure (Charla's husband). I must say, Travis must have used a tape recorder for me and Bethany filled in for her twin! :) You know they shared a brain, butts and boo... well, lets just leave it at that.

We'll send you more pics to bless the world with.

Anonymous said...

This is the second time in a week that I have had to come to the defense of my offspring! As an only slightly biased parent I have to say that out of the 3 "b's" mentioned, yes, they share 2 of those things, but if they shared a brain they would not have been smart enough to pick such wonderful spouses.

TheNotQuiteRightReverend said...

Mamaw wee wins! Those girls did marry well, didn't they Doug!

Anonymous said...

mamaw wee has demonstrated true wisdom and knowledge of the twins! blodaddy, for you and I, isn't is nice to get lucky once in a while? :)