Friday, December 28, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

Its hard to believe that its that time of year again. Soon I will have posted my resolutions on this blog for the third straight year. Time flies... Here's a recap of my '07 list:

2007 New Year's Resolutions (in no particular order):
1. Spend more time in nature. (Including spending a weekend alone in the woods.)
2. Build a treehouse/clubhouse "for Alex."
3. Fix up the old truck in time for fishin' season and learn the art of catfishing.
4. Be a better family man.
5. Be a better friend.
6. Study and practice Buddhism.
7. Laugh more.
8. Make people laugh.
9. Be happy.
10. Make people happy.

Well, I didn't spend a weekend alone in the woods, but we did camp as a family for a week in Colorado. The clubhouse/party porch did get built. The truck got fixed up and is a stellar tailgating truck. I haven't mastered the art of catfishing, but I've got a plan for that in '08. Resolutions #4 thru #10 are going pretty well too, although I have much more to learn about Buddhism. All in all, I think I did a pretty good job of sticking to my resolutions this year. How did you do? Please feel free to leave your comments here regarding your take on New Year's Resolutions. On my next posting I will list my resolutions for '08. Until then, Happy Holidays everybody!

No comments: