Friday, February 27, 2009

Powerful Words


For those of you who have kids, do you remember the first time they said, "I love you" without any prompting by you? I sure do. When Alex was two or three years old, he and I were sitting on the front room floor playing with toys and watching TV. Out of the blue, he looked over at me and said, "You know what?" I said "What?" And then he said, "I love you." I was blown away. It was one of the happiest and most humbling moments of my life.


This morning while I was laying in bed watching the news, Truman was playing with some toys. He crawled over to me, climbed on top, gave me a big hug, and said "Wuv ooo." Yep, that's his version of I love you. And yep, it was pretty freakin' cool to hear. Because even though I've only been his daddy for three months, he really does love me. How awesome is that?!


No comments: