Friday, February 20, 2009

Terrible Two

Truman refuses to drink anything- EVER. Every meal turns into a battle to get him to drink. Every single meal. He has been this way since we got him on November 3rd and it is not getting any better. I am becomming quite frustrated. I am tired of hearing him scream. Now I must weigh dehydration against the psychological harm done by force-feeding him liquids. I swear to God, this boy will be the death of me. He is by far, THE most stubborn child I have ever known. Is it any wonder my wife keeps spotting more and more gray hairs on my head?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Travis - you might try popsicles or food with high water content like jello or applesauce to keep Truman hydrated. Or what about feeding him chipped ice with a spoon. I feel your frustration. Have never heard of a child who would not drink. Good luck. Glee

Huong said...

Trav--also, I don't know how helpful this is since it seems he's not drinking PERIOD, but when I was younger, we never had beverages with our meals. We always drank afterwards...so don't know if it might be an asian thing?? Anyhow...yeah, give him those pedialyte pops especially if its as bad as it sounds. Let me know how it goes!

Anonymous said...

Trav - You do know your Mom is laughing from above, right? :)