Monday, December 21, 2009

Analyze This

I have always possessed the ability to remember my dreams, often in vivid detail. Ask my wife and she'll tell you, "That boy ain't right." Last night was a very entertaining slumber.

Dream #1: I dreamed that I was at a class reunion which morphed into a memorial to a fallen classmate that died in elementary school. Nevermind that the person involved did not even exist in real life. By the end of the dream, I was selling subscriptions to Reader's Digest to all of my classmates. (I sold 30, by the way.)

Dream #2: I dreamed that Bethany and I went to a party at a couple's house. When I walked in, I proceeded to pinch a nipple of the hostess, as sort of an informal greeting, kind of like giving a "high-five." Well, the woman was not amused. Especially considering the fact that her entire family witnessed me giving her the "purple-nurple." Soon enough, as Bethany and I were making our rounds saying "hi" to everyone, the husband confronted me, demanding an apology. I immediately complied, but the wife's father insisted that I leave the party at once. Bethany tried to smooth things over with everyone by apologizing for me while reminding everyone that I am an idiot- what did they expect? But the damage had been done, and we took our leave.

Dream #3: I was abducted by two truckers and driven to a junkyard. I was tossed out of the cab and tried to hide from my rednecked pursuers behind a pile of scrap metal. The driver then tried pushing the pile on top of me with his big rig, and I narrowly escaped death. Then they gave me a ride back to town, no worse for wear, but without apologies.

What does it all mean? I really don't think I want to know. Freud would have loved me, though, don't you think?

No comments: