Monday, July 18, 2011

Daddy's Girl!!!

At about 11:00 this morning, I became a father to the sweetest little girl in the eastern world. When she walked into the room where her new family awaited her, my heart skipped a beat and I instantly fell in love. Head over heals. We introduced ourselves, shared hugs and kisses, and posed for pictures. Then, Tian Tian came up to me, smiled, softly whispered "baba" (Chinese for daddy), and reached out for me to pick her up. I melted. Later, as we ate room service rice and noodles back at the hotel, I served my little princess a second helping of rice. She smiled and said, "Xie xie baba." (Thanks daddy) in such a contented tone that it seemed we had known each other and loved each other all our lives. Mama gave her a bath after lunch and then Tian Tian lay down beside me in bed and fell asleep in my arms. No, it does NOT get any better than that my friends.

Alex, Truman, and Grandma Glee all love her as much as her mama and I do, too. The Chinese officials are giving us a 24 hour period to bond and decide for sure if we want to go through with the adoption although we knew the moment we saw her that Tian Tian (Tiana) belongs with us--and always has. I'll write more tomorrow. In the meantime, dig these pictures. Pretty awesome, huh?

4 comments:

M. Dunlap said...

Congratulations!! Everyone looks great. Enjoy your time in China together.

jll said...

Thanks for making me cry at work Travis..

Susan said...

I know I don't know you or your family but I couldn't resist a comment. What a beautiful moment- congratulations to you and your family- how lucky you all are to find one another.
Wishing you well.
Susan Rother

Ella's Mama said...

Congrats!! So excited for you! Ella & I read the blog and checked out the pics and both agree that she is beautiful! With what you wrote, she sounds like she is the perfect fit to your family! I think we are going to have to take a trip your way or meet somewhere! We are dying to meet her!!!