Sunday, July 24, 2005

The Return of "Barney MacNaughton"


A few years ago, Grant Barnes and myself started brewing our own beer. We did a pretty good job of it, too. The label was "Barney MacNaughton Beer". Grant later took the brewing supplies with him when he moved to Hannibal a couple of years ago, so the brewery closed down. Grant and Brenda (his lovely new bride) began making "B&B Winery" vintages with the supplies. Now, following their return to Columbia and with all that wedding stuff out of the way, Grant got the itch to brew some beer. After visiting with a supplier in Jeff City, Grant had an epiphany. We can bypass the time-consuming bottling process by putting our beer in kegs! Apparently, a five gallon keg kit is available at a reasonable price that we can purchase in order to bring our quality brew back to the faithful and thirsty patrons of our beer making enterprise. OK, so that basically is just Grant and me, but we do intend to distribute our forthcoming batches to the masses in the near future. We intend on having 5 to 10 gallons of delicious "Barney MacNaughton Beer" at the ready for each and every Mizzou home football game this season. That's right sports fans- tailgate season is just around the corner. Whether you desire to watch the actual games or not, plan now on attending our tailgate parties. I have a 1976 Chevrolet-one-ton-dually-truck that I personally painted black, adorned with Mizzou decals, door magnets, and various other black and gold regalia and is ready for us to throw a grill, chairs, a football, and a couple of kegs of home brew in the back. So, is it the new tailgate truck or what?! I'm giddy with excitement! Picured above are scenes from tailgates past with my original truck, a 1966 Chevy. (R.I.P.)

2 comments:

TheNotQuiteRightReverend said...

Taylor, I called you on your birthday and no one called back. (I even left a message on Dad's phone.) I was so hurt that I decided not to write about your birthday on MY blog. How could I be so selfish?! I knew that I would start crying and sobbing uncontrollably if I thought of you. I wonder if I'll ever get over the pain and heartache of not hearing back from you. The thoughts of homebrewing and tailgate parties were all that could keep me from sinking further into the depths of the depression you caused by not returning my call. So I blogged about them. So, happy birthday! (Does that count for posting something about your birthday?)

Violent Farmer said...

Speaking of Birthdays mine happens to be Friday.