Sunday, September 25, 2005

Birthday Surprises


First, I woke up to breakfast in bed this morning. Chocolate pancakes with marshmallows cooked right in. (Thank you Bethany and Alex!) Then, I got to watch golf, football, and car racing with no interruptions. For dinner I ate a perfect ribeye steak, red potatoes, and a salad. (Thanks Bethany and Glee!) For dessert I ate angel food cake with chocolate icing and peanut butter cup and fudge ice cream. (Thanks Mommy!) Then, my Mommy gave me a sweet Mizzou pullover for tailgating season. Bethany and Alex gave me the new NCAA Football game for PS2. And in addition to the guitar instruction DVD's that my Mommy-in -Law gave me, she also blessed me with an authentic Steve Urkel doll. Yes, you read that correctly. (See photo.) She said the picture of me that I posted on this blog just yesterday bore such a striking resemblence to Urkel that she couldn't resist buying the doll for me. Thank you to all of my family for the great gifts, cards, and phone calls. Today was filled with lots of fun and surprises. I can't wait to see the look on Bethany's face when she wakes up in the middle of the night and sees Urkel smiling at her..."Surprise!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you and Urkel had a great day. Love the link to Fun with the President. That is brilliant programming.....

Seamhead said...

You do make a hell of an Urkel, that's for sure.

Happy Belated Birthday. what are you, 39?

I'm giving you a big Tiger's loss on Saturday for your birthday. I wish I could give you a win, but it's Texas.

Violent Farmer said...

Happy Birthday!!!