Saturday, December 16, 2006

Six Degrees of Separation (From Kevin Bacon)

Have you ever played the game "Six degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon?" It is theorized that everyone can connect themselves to Kevin Bacon through a friend of a friend of a friend, etc. Have you ever tried it? It works. And if you are reading this, you are actually within six degrees of separation from Mr. Bacon. Observe:

1. Travis Naughton (me).
2. Donna Keller (my mommy).
3. Steven Spielberg (my mommy went to high school with the then geeky future filmaker).
4. John Belushi (starred in "The Blues Brothers" in which Spielberg made a cameo appearance as the Cook County collector).
5. Kevin Bacon (appeared as a ROTC cadet in "Animal House" which starred John Belushi).

Add your name to the top of the list and there you have it- six degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon. Congratulations!

You're welcome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Travis,
I find degrees of separation very interesting. Although, I find it more fun to find degrees of separation between me and strangers I meet than trying to tie back to Kevin Bacon. I think it's because it is fun to find the commonality we all have. I am finding and confirming more and more everyday that we are all very closely connected in more ways than we know. Sometime, when you and I ever meet, I'll have to tell you a couple. Remind me to tell you the "Jim the Castle Builder/Disneyworld/Roseann Barr" story sometime. It's a good one.
-Howdy