Tuesday, July 01, 2008

"Retirement" Chore List

I find that it is helpful to make a list when faced with a daunting number of tasks to complete. Our list is below. (That economic stimulus check sure would be nice right about now. Oh, yeah- we're still waiting for ours.)

1. Repaint Alex's bedroom in advance of his new brother's arrival. Alex wants a Chinese dragon theme.
2. Build a loft/bunk beds in boys' room.
3. Remove wallpaper & repaint kitchen.
4. Haul away junk that's in and around the barn.
5. Add gravel/pave barn floor.
6. Re-roof the party porch.
7. Get boat & trailer licensed.
8. Have car worked on. (I got a recall notice for it that says the cruise control will catch fire spontaneously. It also needs an oil change and possibly new ball joints.)
9. Add gravel to the driveway.
10. Clear fallen trees from hiking trails. (The ice storm created a lot of firewood at least.)
11. Install koi pond near the party porch.

These are just some of the tasks that I am faced with this summer. How am I gonna have my summer of fun and still get all of this stuff done? I don't know. Maybe Extreme Makeover Home Edition will swoop in and magically get all of it done for me. And Overhaulin' can trick out my car, too. That would be sweet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bfvqwavoThat's quite a list..good luck with that. I can help with wallpaper removal, BTW.