Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Latest

"Where have you been, Blog Daddy?" you might be asking yourself. It has been nearly a week without a posting on this blog and for that, I am sorry. Here's what I've been up to:

1. I read "Sacred Stone" a novel by Clive Cussler. Action, adventure, save the world type stuff. I highly recommend it.

2. I attended a "Summer Solstice" party this weekend. Yes it was a week after the actual solstice, but who cares.

3. Alex and I took my mom to her chemo treatment Wednesday. That was a long three hours for sure.

4. I replaced mom's right front headlight, two side mirrors, and power antenna on her 1998 Nissan Altima as a belated birthday present.

5. Mom took Alex and I to see "Wall-e" the new Pixar movie about the little robot. Pretty good movie I must say. Take the kids- you'll enjoy it, too.

6. Watched Alex play baseball Monday night. He got one hit and almost another but was put out on a fine defensive play by the opposing first baseman. To begin the season, Alex is enjoying a three game hitting streak.

Of course I have managed to do a few chores around the house (to earn my keep), watch some miserable Cardinal games on TV, and spend some quality time with Alex. So I've been busy. However, I will try to blog more often in order to satisfy my fans' desire to live vicariously through my retirement. Speaking of being retired, it will be four years until our adoptee will be old enough to start kindergarten, so I may now be enjoying the first few months of a four year retirement. That's a lot of blogging.

No comments: