Tuesday, June 17, 2008

All-Stars

Alex played in his first coach-pitch baseball game last night. He got a base hit and played catcher, first base, and outfield. His was especially excited to play catcher because he got to wear all the gear. Of course I missed his first game because my services were needed on our slow-pitch softball team. Bethany skipped our game so she could watch Alex and next week we will switch. And she missed quite a performance I might add. I hit a ball all the way tho the fence for an inside the park home run. I hit a double that forced me to slide head first into second base. I scoured away most of the flesh that was on my knees and elbows in the process. And when Grant had difficulties pitching (translation: couldn't have hit water if he fell out of a boat) I made a relief appearance. Although the opposing team got a few really solid hits, I didn't give up any walks and I actually struck out two batters.

So you see that the Naughton boys were MVPs for a day. (Just don't ask us what the final scores were.)

1 comment:

yo mama said...

I just love it when you are humble - NOT