Monday, December 01, 2008

Thanksgiving was quite an experience this year. We ended up having 29 people at our house (some of whom were pictured here), all of whom were instant fans of Truman. On Friday, Bethany and Charla went to the day after Thanksgiving sales at 4:00 am. That left Doug and I to keep six kids (counting a neighbor) alive and out of mischief. On Saturday, we went to the Stoney Creek Inn to visit our friends Jeff and Jeaneth and their new baby. Blake and Meredith were there too along with some of Meredith's relatives who have kids. All enjoyed the swimming pool along with Truman and Alex. On Sunday, I watched nine hours of football while finding time to be a somewhat effective parent while Bethany was at work. Today, my beautiful bride allowed me to sleep in for the first time since before we went to China. And she called to get our internet working again after a weekend of not being able to get online. I finally feel "normal" again.

Thanks to everyone who came to visit on Thanksgiving and thanks to everyone who continues to follow the saga of Truman and the Naughtons. In case you didn't know, I am writing a book based on some of my blog postings and of course I will include ample coverage of life with Truman. I think I will self-publish it to begin with and when all of you have bought a copy and I can show a major publishing house that it is a seller, then maybe I'll land a sweet deal and fund my "retirement." That's as close to a plan as I'm willing to formulate at this point in my life. Stay tuned...





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two questions. First, which retirement will you be funding? 3 or 4 or are we talking a little later down the line. Second, will this book come out before or after the book you started during your first retirement.

Grant

TheNotQuiteRightReverend said...

First, this book will fund this retiremtn. I have the green light to stay retired until Truman goes to school which will be in about four years. Second, this book is already half-finished, so I would imagine that it will come out before the abandoned novel project. Third, I never liked you.