Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Paul & The Violent Farmers in Columbia

Mark your calendars now for Friday May 12. Paulie will be performing on the patio at Deja Vu in downtown Columbia at 9:00pm. Since I have been a less than adequate manager, I hope to step up to the plate as Paul's promoter. That means that I expect everyone I know to come out for a night of indescribable comedy and song. With tunes like "Torso Girl" and "I'm Not a Psycho, I'm in Love", I guarantee that Paulie will make you laugh till you cry.

If you don't come to the show, I will assume that you no longer love me and that you never wish to see me again. Then I will sink into an abyss of depression culminating in me showing up on your doorstep drunk, bloodied, and half-naked at three in the morning shouting, "Why have you forsaken me?!" at the top of my lungs until the neighbors call the police and you get your name in the paper for a "domestic disturbance" the cops responded to at your house in which a drunken, bleeding, naked man was shouting at the top of his lungs at three in the morning about you forsaking him and then your co-workers ridicule you about it the next day at work after reading about the "incident" while drinking their morning coffee causing you to leave work early which pisses the boss off and gets you fired leading you to getting drunk and showing up bleeding and half-naked on someone else's doorstep at three in the morning and so on...

Wouldn't it just be easier to go see Paulie's show? I'll see you then- and tell everyone you know to be there to. I promise it will be more fun than the alternative.

6 comments:

Violent Farmer said...

Wow, thanks Trav. Don't forget to metion that if it's raining I won't be playing because it's out doors.

TheNotQuiteRightReverend said...

If it rains, you can still come to town and we'll have a Violent Farmers concert at my house! Maybe play some cards, too.

If you need a place to crash whenever you're in town, our home is always available.

Seamhead said...

I'm definitely in for the random firing of weapons. Do you have any of them drive thru liquor/guns/ammo store near your house?

TheNotQuiteRightReverend said...

Jag & Seam- In lieu of the firing of weapons, I propose lighting fireworks, and flinging flaming bags of St. Bernard poo over the property line. Wait'll the neighbors get a load of us... wait'll.

Violent Farmer said...

Hey, Travis do you have the ability to get a copy of my demo CD to jagua piru? I wanted to let him hear some of my songs so he could get an idea of some stuff he can play with me on when I come up to Columbia on the 12th.

TheNotQuiteRightReverend said...

Jagua,

I will be slaving away during a strenuous two hour shift tomorrow. I'll be at work from 10 till noon. I'll have the CD there and will leave it in my mailbox in case I miss you. Just ask one of the girls working to grab it for you.