Sunday, April 30, 2006

It's a Dog's World- We're Just Living in It


Tomorrow is a red letter day on the calendar. I will begin training with Kate, the current manager of Doggie Empawrium, to become her successor. Although I worked at the store on a part-time basis over the past three years, I need to be brought up to speed regarding the daily operation of the business. I will learn everything I can over the next few days and will officially take over as the new store manager next monday. But don't worry about me. I think I can handle the stress of working everyday- even after having the past year off. You see, I will ease into my new career by working three-hour days until Alex starts summer school in June. Then, I should be ready for full-time employment. It has been since November of 2002 that I have held a full-time job (not including my un-paid occupation as a "stay-at-home" dad.) I can't be expected to jump in with both feet right away!

Come see me at the store starting May 8. I will work weekday mornings during the month of May. For those of you who have dogs or cats and have never been to the store, I invite you to check it out. We sell the highest quality foods, treats, toys, beds, clothing, leashes, collars, and more that you can find for your pet. In today's society, pets are treated like members of the family. You give your kids the best, so give your pets the best, too. Bring your dog to the store for a free treat and to meet our friendly staff. Kim, Michelle, and Lisa (and Kate for four more days) will be on hand to spoil your four-legged friend while answering your questions and providing the very best customer service in the pet industry. Hopefully, with my help as manager, you will find that no other retail business in Columbia comes close to providing the quality of service, products, and fun that our store does.

Am I starting to sound employed or what?!

2 comments:

TheNotQuiteRightReverend said...

Thanks Luke! I can't wait to see Drake. I bet he's huge. (Drake is a great dane for those of you who were wondering.)

Anonymous said...

ethanol futurehttp://www.ethanol-stock.infoI coundn't repair your brakes, so i made your horn louder.ethanol future