Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Seven Hour Work Week

Whew! What a brutal week of training I've had. T.G.I.W.!!! Seriously, I did learn a lot about my new job and should be ready to grab the dog by the tail come Monday morning. Tonight is Kate's going away dinner and tomorrow is her last day of work. Kate will be starting a new career at the KC Zoo. Good luck, Katie-Bear! I'm glad I got to know you.

In other news, Bethany's grandma has taken a turn for the worse healthwise. Bethany and other family members are visiting her in the hospital this week. Keep them all in your thoughts.

Also, Char and Doug's baby boy Duncan weighed 8 lbs. 11 ozs. at birth. I erroneously underreported his weight by two ounces. The babies born into our extended family are usually "trophy" sized and their weights are bragged about like catching a "trophy" fish. Of course Alex weighed 9 lbs 15.5 ozs. which I of course round off to an even 10 pounds. I believe that's a state record.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Kelly weighed 10 lb 2 1/2 oz. and the combined weight of Charla and Bethany was 14 lb 2 oz, but whose keeping track?

TheNotQuiteRightReverend said...

My apologies for the oversight. Any woman who can survive those ordeals deserves the state record. Congrats Grandma Glee!