Thursday, May 04, 2006

Updates


First and best of all, Bethany's grandmother (pictured with Alex) is doing much better. She is responding well to treatments to shrink a tumor in her brain that rendered her speechless and partially paralyzed a couple of days ago. Already she is speaking clearly, can move and sit up, has a healthy appetite for the first time in ages, and exhibits her wonderful sense of humor that we all depend on and love. She is such a neat person and we are all lucky to know her and to get to spend some quality time with her. We do not take a minute for granted.

Second, Paul & The Violent Farmers will be taking the patio at Deja Vu on Friday the 12th at 10:00 pm. Originally he was scheduled to go on at 9:00. Our friend Jeff (Jagua Piru on the bloggosphere) may even play a few songs with him. Please come out and support them. I promise you will laugh till you cry. If you're nice, Paulie might even sign a few autographs. (You'll wish you had one when he hits the big time.)

Finally, I wanted to remind everyone that I officially begin my new career as store manager of Doggie Empawrium on Monday. For those of you who were living vicariously through me during my brief retirement, stop by to say hello and to lament the passage of those care-free days known as "the Year of Travis." Actually, I think I'm going to have a lot of fun at the store. I won't have Alex there to play with, but I will get to play with lots of dogs everyday, and I will get to work with three great people who, like me, love dogs and are seeking the good life. As for Alex, he will be in pre-school making new friends and having lots of fun, too. Luckily, I will only be working mornings during May, so I'll still get to spend some quality time with him before he starts real school. Just like with Grandma Viola, I'm not taking a minute of time spent with Alex for granted either.

2 comments:

ATTICA said...

You failed to mention Bill Herrin and family will be in Columbia, Saturday May 6th to BBQ and help Grant drain a keg.

TheNotQuiteRightReverend said...

My apologies to His Emminence, the Venerable Willam the Bald. See you this evening your Grace.