Thursday, May 18, 2006

Work vs. The Blog

It's an outrage! It oughtta be illegal! Letting a job get in the way of blogging- don't they know he has fans out there who depend on his daily witticisms and yammerings?! I know, I know. These are the things you've been shrieking outloud to anyone who will listen since I started back at work. I understand. I really do.

In the past two weeks I have worked more hours than in the previous 50. A year's worth of work in two weeks. You try that. I dare you. I can handle it, though. That's why I'm the manager!

I am just now starting to get comfortable in my new digs and am finally getting most of the items on my "to do" list accomplished. So starting next week, I should be back to my regularly blogging self again. Tell your friends, wake the kids, and phone the neighbors. The Travis Naughton Experience is back!

P.S. Actual phone call I took at the store the other day:

"Doggie Empawrium, this is Travis. Can I help you?"

"Do you have any dog laxatives?"

"I couldn't hear you. Could you please repeat that?"

"Dog laxatives."

"No we don't have anything like that here."

(Silence)

"We don't sell any medicines. I'm sorry."

"Okay, thanks."

"Thanks for calling. Good luck." (Remind me to be out of town when Rover's levee breaks. Let's just hope its not a St. Bernard.)

No comments: