Saturday, September 23, 2006

The Future Mrs. Alexander Naughton?

On Thursday, our friends Brenda and Grant welcomed their baby girl to the world. Rebecca Kavanaugh Barnes weighed 6 pounds and some change and has all 20 metacarpals, metatarsals, etc. She and her mother are both doing well, although Grant whined quite a bit about being tired. I took the opportunity to introduce Rebecca to her future husband, Alex, and Grant became physically ill. I told him to look at it this way- she could be Mrs. Augustus Jobe Herrin. He conceded my point and welcomed his future son in law to the family. Brenda said she and the baby are planning on going into hiding as soon as they are released from the hospital.

Maybe she's holding out for Rebecca to become the future Mrs. Briscoe.

3 comments:

ATTICA said...

Let them hide. It is inevitable that Rebecca and Augustus find each other, even if it is a blind date between strangers many years from now.

TheNotQuiteRightReverend said...

In a related story, John Briscoe took the meaning of my initial comment to mean that he himself would be marrying the young Barnes child. NO! I meant she may marry (god forbid) a possible future Briscoe, NOT the current and obnoxious one! Get your mind out of the gutter, J.B. Oh, who am I kidding: that's the only place your mind knows where to be.

Anonymous said...

mrn & I were lucky enough to see the heir apparent in the House of Barnes, and wow, adorable. I mean, really, impossibly cute kid. They stole her. Clearly.