Saturday, September 30, 2006

Old vs. Young

Did you know that when you click on the drop down menu on your web browser called "View" one of the options is "text size"? This is a marvel of modern technology. I was feeling hip and young while playing on my Myspace page when suddenly I realized I was straining to read the tiny little text. I cannot describe the sense of agedness that overwhelmed me when I realized I was getting too old to read a Myspace page. Maybe that means I have no business having a Myspace page in the first place. How sad.

I should get reading glasses. But until my arms aren't long enough to focus on words "at arm's length" I'll continue to rely on the slide trombone method of reading books and newspapers. When I can't reach any farther, I will rely on this new found "text size" feature on the computer. Ain't technology great!

Enlarged text and online poker!? Thank you, Al Gore, for inventing the internet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of age---you need to update your profile, old man to the correct age of 35....
Funny, how I feel 35, and you're lamenting getting ole. Weird, huh?