Monday, January 08, 2007

Mr. Fix-it


Remember me belly-aching about my truck not running right? Well I fixed it! My loving wife said that she believed in me and that she thought I could get it running right if I took some time to work on it. Even after all the work I did on it originally that did not help, I decided to give it one more try. I figured out how to adjust the air-fuel mix on the carburetor allowing more gas to flow into the carb. I then adjusted the idle speed a little and cleaned the carb thoroughly. And then: vroom-vroom! I drove the Incredible Hulk to work and passed more cars than passed me. I was able to reach a top speed of 75 mph before slowing for traffic. Don't call me Mr. Goodwrench though. He only works on Chevys.

For the next upgrade to the Beast I will be waiting in earnest for my Christmas present from my beautiful mother-in-law Glee to arrive. A brand new dashboard hula girl! Things are looking up in '07.

1 comment:

TheNotQuiteRightReverend said...

What do you think of the new look for '07? Nice, eh?