Thursday, November 06, 2008

Friday Morning











These pictures show a few of the events of this morning. The first picture is of my Chinese wedding. I got yanked up onto the stage during a traditional stage performance and endured a Chinese dance, saki drinking, a wedding ceremony, bride carrying, and various tests of my manhood. I think I passed the test, because after making me drink four shots of rice wine and literally getting kicked in the arse by the emcee, I was forced to bribe my new wife into letting me go. Everyone, including Truman, enjoyed seeing me look ridiculous.
The next three pictures capture the daily ritual in our hotel room while the last picture is of a bridge in the park we went to today. It was made without any nails in the style of ancient local bridgebuilding techniques. We also toured a museum of local artifacts and rode in yet another taxi. Big day already, and it is only 1:00pm. Tomorrow brings new adventures as we depart for Guangzhou where we will stay until next weekend (when we can finally come home.) I haven't responded to anybody's emails, but please know we appreciate your support and we're glad you're enjoying the pictures.
Zai jian!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So did you marry the gal in purple next to you? Just remember that their culture has a different view on beauty and everyone is probably making fun of her for getting stuck with you.
Grant