Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Here I Go Again

For those of you who enjoy some spirited political discourse, click on the link to my friend Roger's blog to the right of this page. I got my two cents in, and it felt pretty good. Feel free to chime in yourselves, Roger would love it.

Also I was going to start in on those Tigers again, but it wouldn't be right to kick them while they're down after losing to last place Baylor who was 1-6 going into tonight's game. It wouldn't be right to call for Coach Q's firing after his feelings were already hurt by those mean ol' Bears. I wouldn't dream of publicly saying this is the worst Tiger team I have seen in my lifetime. Who could point out that the only time Norm Stewart lost this many games in a row he still managed to rally his 1992-'93 team to a huge upset win of the Big 8 tournement and a decent showing in the NCAAs? It would be tacky if I pointed out that Quin has lost the ability to lead and that his players have lost the will to follow. I wouldn't dream of saying that if Mike Alden doesn't fire Quin the day our season officially ends, that he too should be run out of town. I wouldn't say any of these things because I'm sure that Quin and Mike are a couple of decent people who deserve more patience on the part of the fans. I should be patient while I pay too much money for tickets to crappy games where I have to park a mile away from the arena or else shell out hundreds if not thousands of dollars for parking passes. I should gladly give it another year since Quin has said for the past three years, "We're a young team. We have a lot of positives. We're definately getting better." I won't say anything negative about a program that committed several recruiting and academic violations in order to win. Oh that's right- they didn't win. They can't even cheat right! No, I think I better keep my mouth shut this time. I'll just say, "Good luck Tigers! Better luck next year!"

2 comments:

Seamhead said...

Thank God they beat Kansas. I don't know how they did it. That's all I can say about this season thus far.

TheNotQuiteRightReverend said...

They beat a ranked OU team in Norman, too. Go figure.