Monday, February 27, 2006

Reality Check Part 2

Remember that job that I applied for a couple weeks ago that I was just sure NOBODY on earth was more qualified for? Judging by the lack of a response to my resume or my follow-up voicemail, I would say that I was wrong. Oh well, I wasn't ready to start working again anytime soon.

Alex is signed up to do his Kindergarten screening on March 16. Our "Parents as Teachers" gal that comes to the house periodically will be the one administering the test. She already had him do a practice test a year ago and he did better than ANY of the kids who were starting school at that time. Last night as he snored in our bed and kneed me in the back and kicked off my covers it hit me how little time I have left at home with him. So today we played outside for a couple hours then we went to town and played at Cosmo Park. Then we bought some new fish for our aquarium. It was a good day. I savored every moment. Tomorrow we are going fishing again and who knows what else. Gotta enjoy this time while I can. Reality is coming fast.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you were just over qualified for the job.

TheNotQuiteRightReverend said...

I like the way you think, blade.

Violent Farmer said...

What are you talking about? You already have a job representing me!!! By the way how's that working out?

TheNotQuiteRightReverend said...

Farmer, I haven't forgotten about you. Although it weems that I have nothing but free time, I am currently working an angle for a future job, writing a book, planning my family's summer, jumping thru baby making hoops, and performing various other tasks both mental and physical. Have faith in me, bro. I will get you a gig soon.