Wednesday, March 15, 2006

March Madness

What a great time to be alive! In addition to the NCAA basketball tournament, the first World Baseball Classic, Nascar, and golf are all underway. In case you haven't seen them play, check out the Dominican Republic baseball team. Every player is a Major Leaguer and most are all-stars. It could be the best roster ever assembled in baseball history. (Our favorite Cardinal Albert Pujols is on the team.)

The grass in our yard is turning green. Between the goats' overgrazing, the dogs' overurinating, and a year long drought, it was looking pretty bad. I may even need to buy a lawnmower! I bought 10 bales of alfalfa hay to feed the goats so that the yard can fully recover and I can finally seed the thin spots. If only Grant, Roger, and Blake could re-seed the thin spots.

Speaking of green, Friday is St. Patrick's Day. Yes, I will be consuming some green beer, wearing some green underwear, and spewing a boat load of blarney to anyone who will listen. I guess that isn't much different than what I do on any other day. (I wrote an Irish Manifesto on Paul's Blog last week for those of you who wish to be enlightened.)

Tonight, we are taking home the latest addition to our family: a mini-van. We are buying a 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan. It is one of the cleanest used vehicles I have ever seen in my life. Bethany will be happy, and we can finally fit Alex, the dogs, any extra passengers, and our luggage in one vehicle for weekend getaways. In fact, we will be travelling (sans dogs) to Disney World in the van this summer. It should be an interesting trip. Why do I see visions of Chevy Chase and Christie Brinkley whenever I think of family road trips?

March is indeed a time of Madness. Then again, its just another page on the calendar in my fantasy world. It's all part of The Travis Naughton Experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll re-seed your thinspots, smartass.