Thursday, June 08, 2006

"Why Hasn't Travis Been Blogging?"

Some of my dedicated fans may be wondering why I haven't been blogging as much lately. I will not make excuses. However, I will supply a list of the things that have happened this week that have commanded my attention.

1. Bethany's beloved grandmother, Viola Rathsam, passed away Tuesday evening. She had been suffering from cancer, congestive heart failure, and a broken leg and is finally at peace. We will miss her more than words can describe. I hope that I can be half as good of a human being as she was.

2. I started working full time on Monday. I have been very busy and productive and am really enjoying the job.

3. Alex started summerschool kindergarten Monday. He is loving school, although he has been sent to time-out three of the first four days already. He's a chip off the old block.

4. Today is my mommy's birthday. She is at least 29 years old. That's all I'm gonna say. Happy birthday Mama!

5. Tomorrow is Brother Blake's and Meredith's wedding anniversary. I can't remember how long they've been married, but then, men never keep track of that sort of thing. Right Blake?

Those are just the major life events that are simultaneously occurring in my life right now. Now I understand what it means when people say, "Don't sweat the small stuff." Who has time to worry about the small stuff? I hope to blog a little more frequently from now on. I realize that my fans depend on my sage words of wisdom, and I won't let you down. Keep checking the blog whenever you can. Peace.

No comments: