Saturday, August 19, 2006

Tailgating Incorporated

$2500. That is how much the guy who currently owns what will soon be the newest tailgting truck wants for his vehicle. It is a 1966 Chevrolet half-ton, four wheel drive. It is a little rusty and still sports its original orange paint, but it has potential. He's asking about twice what the truck's worth, so I need to talk him down a little before I can drive it home. I might get him to sell it for $1800 or so. It needs a new set of tires. Plus the truck will need to have some body work done and be painted black in order to measure up to my tailgating standards. So here's the breakdown:

Sale price- $1800
Tires- $400
Paint & putty- $500
Tax & license- $100
Grand total- $2800

I think I can come with about $1500 or so. (I just sold "Old '76" at the auction yesterday for a whopping $500! Of course a digit was wrong on the VIN # on the title, so until it can be straightend out by the highway patrol and the state, I'll see none of the money.) This brings me to my plan. My mama inspired me when she asked everyone who's ever tailgated with us to chip in to buy a new truck. I thought, "Why not issue stock and have shareholders in the new truck?" So here it is. I will issue you one stock certificate for every $25 you contribute. There will only be 100 shares of stock issued worth a total of $2500. I will be the majority owner with 51 shares while issuing 49 shares to the public. 49 shares @ $25 each will raise $1225 for the purchase and partial restoration of the truck. In the unlikely event that the truck is ever sold, the proceeds will be divided among the shareholders in direct proportion to the amount of shares each person owns. (I will receive 51% of the money for my 51 shares, etc.)

This is my plan. There are 49 opportunities available to you to own a part of Travis's Tailgating Truck #4, Inc. You may purchase as many shares as you like until they are gone. So act now. Supplies are limited. Please email me : dacoynol@yahoo.com to order your shares. They will be issued on a first come-first serve basis, so don't delay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, I guess I better walk the walk, since I can talk the talk. I will be the first stockholder, and hope all y'all will jump right in behind me. See ya at the first tailgate!!!!!!

TheNotQuiteRightReverend said...

Stock Certificate #1 of 100 will be yours. Thanks Mama!

Anyone else interested should reply quickly. I have an interesting sponsorship proposal on the table. Get your shares fast before its too late.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to own a piece a Mizzou tradition. I have already designed an official stock certificate worthy of framing. The watermark depicts a scene at a tailgate party a few years ago with Grant Barnes, John Briscoe, two Highway Patrolmen, Bill Herrin's beautiful bald head, and myself all enjoying ourselves emmensely. I will add a picture of the actual truck once it is painted and ready to party before issuing the certificates.

Don't delay! Football season starts in a few weeks!