Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Avoiding Mexican Jail Contest Winner

Congrats to my friend Paul "The Violent Farmer" Shields on winning this week's contest for submitting the best advice for staying out of Mexican jail. His grandmother told him that flashing your boobs will keep you out of trouble. Well, all we had to do was get Bill Herrin to show his "man-boobs" to the security folks and they literally looked the other way whenever we needed them to. Thanks for the tip Paul. Your can of Spanish Spam is on its way. Maybe I will bring it to Deja Vu Friday night when I catch your act. (Check out Paul's web site at iwrotethiswheniwasdrunk.com)

We did have a great time while in the Mayan Riviera. We stayed at a four-star, all-inclusive resort with a staff population the size of a small town who treated us like VIP's. The wedding of our friends Grant and Brenda was beautiful as it was within feet of the ocean. Their families and friends who attended used the ceremony as an excuse to have second honeymoons while Grant and Brenda enjoyed their first. Thanks to the newlywed Mr. and Mrs. Barnes for bringing us all together for such a great time. (It was the Naughtons who brought you two together afterall.)

Check out all the pictures I posted from the trip. I may add more at a later time. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Violent Farmer said...

Yes, I rock.
I would like to thank the academy for nominating me, and I'd like to thank mom because she stopped spreading that rumor about me having uncontrollable gas, and I'd like to thank my neighbor for finally putting their rabid dog on a leash, thank you Gwenith Paltrow for that scene in Shallow Hal were your leaning over the counter, thank you Fred from work for lending me $.60 for a soda, thanks Jim (this goes for any one named Jim, or James), Thank you Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants for letting me know I'm not the only one with magic britches, thank you beer, thank you Batman for saving Gotham, thank you MR T, thank you milk for giving me strong bones, thank you beer, thank you Beetle Bailey for making me laugh so hard every time I read the Sunday Paper (Oght Oh better hide Sarge is looking for you), I'd like to thank Pamela Anderson's breast, and last but not least I'd like to thank my lucky stars to be living her today cause the flag still stands for freedom and they can't take that away (with appologies to Lee Greenwood).

ps- How many carbs are in Spanish Spam?

Seamhead said...

See how people get when they reach big time? They forget who crawled down to the Police Station in the middle of the night with giants stacks of ones for bail money. They forget who laughed at them as the women shot them down again and again. They forget all about their good buddies who rolled them for their beer money after they passed out in the car.

I hope that Mexican Spam is full of either carbs or the red, hot raspberry pepper.