Saturday, June 18, 2005

Paul and the Violent Farmers Hit the Big Time

What can I say about Friday night's performance by Paulie at Deja Vu that can do it justice? Well, as I told Paul after his set ended, "I feel like I need to take a shower." Filthy. Hilarious. I Laughed. I cried. It was much better than "Cats". I'll go to see it again and again. Seriously, great show Paul. For those of you who were not lucky enough to catch the show I will attempt to describe it for you. Paul sings bitter, outrageous, love songs that he wrote when he was drunk. (Those of you under 21 years of age are not encouraged to copy this behavior! Karah! Taylor!) If its true that Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, then we should thank that woman for torturing Paul's poor soul and inspiring his music. Hell hath no funny like a Paul scorned! With songs like "Drunk Girl", "The Most Beautiful Thing in the World", and the "Trucker Song" Paul takes listeners on a funny and disgusting journey as they follow along in the depraved yet romantic shadows of his twisted mind. I am inspired by your art, Paul. Afterall, it was after reading your blog that I decided to start my own. I doubt that I will start singing drunken love songs, but nevertheless, I do have a lot of spare time on my hands...(Cue evil laugh now.)

2 comments:

Violent Farmer said...

Wow, I going to make sure you write all my reviews.

Seamhead said...

I think the real power of Paul's music comes from wondering which parts of it are real and which parts are imagined. When you hear the trucker song it will haunt you for months.